Legal & Ethics
The SERVICES AND INFORMATION presented should not be construed or taken as formal legal advice nor is it a replacement for attaining counsel to fully understand all legal aspects of your case and/or dispute. Third Coast Mediation, wholly owned by THIRD COAST ELITE, L.C., is associated with and comprised of arbitrators, mediators and attorneys who work to provide Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADR) and Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) services, project liaison services, communication services, conflict education, legal information and access to expert opinions. Third Coast Mediation is NOT a law firm and does not practice law. We maintain neutrality and independently engage with licensed attorneys and representatives in Texas and beyond with expertise across multiple practice areas to achieve settlement. Third Coast Mediation’s associates and staff operate in accordance with Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, ADR Statute 154. Click here to view/download the Statute 154.
The following is the Fee Schedule, Payment Terms and Cancellation Terms for Civil/JP/Small Claims and Family/Divorce/Custody Mediations when appointed by the Court. Fees for our other communication and conflict education services do not fall under this fee schedule and will be customized to your particular project or need.
Mediation/Conflict Resolution Session Fee Schedule
ONLINE MEDIATION – Two Hour Session:
CIVIL/JP/SMALL CLAIMS: TWO HOUR mediation fees are $125 per party. Additional time is invoiced at $125 per hour, split evenly between the parties.
FAMILY/CUSTODY MODIFICATION/DIVORCE/SAPCR: TWO HOUR mediation fees are $175 per party. Additional time is invoiced at $175 per hour, split evenly between the parties.
* Fees include all preparation time, pre-mediation conferences and administrative costs. THE FEES STATED ABOVE ARE FOR ODR (Online Dispute Resolution) Sessions which will be facilitated by and hosted on Secure Zoom platform account PROVIDED BY THIRDCOAST MEDIATION.
IN PERSON/ONLINE – Half Day Session: Half day mediation fees are $375 per party. Additional time is invoiced at $195 per hour, split evenly between the parties.
* Fees include all preparation time, pre-mediation conferences and administrative costs. Half day mediations are normally from 9:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., or 1:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. Drinks (water, coffee, soft drinks), snacks and wireless Internet access will be provided (when conducted in person.) The same fee applies to ODR (Online Dispute Resolution) Sessions which will be facilitated by and hosted only on Third Coast Mediation Secure Zoom platform accounts.
IN PERSON/ONLINE – Full Day Session: Full day mediation fees are $745 per party. Mediations that go beyond 5:00 p.m. are invoiced an additional $195 per hour, split evenly between the parties.
* Fees include all preparation time, pre-mediation conferences, administration costs and lunch for all participants. Full day mediations begin at 9:00 a.m. and we will work through lunch (if necessary). Drinks (water, coffee, soft drinks), snacks, wireless Internet access will be provided (when conducted in person.) The same fee applies to ODR (Online Dispute Resolution) Sessions which will be facilitated by and hosted only on Third Coast Mediation Secure Zoom platform accounts.
Hourly Rate: The hourly rate in instances that sessions run longer than originally planned or as an hourly consultant is $195 per hour.
Location(s): Our office and conference rooms are available to host our client mediations, but arrangements for off-site locations are gladly accommodated. – There may be an additional charge for travel time and all travel considerations.
Impasse Commitment – Follow Up
In the instance of NO settlement and it is determined an additional session after a “cooling off” period may achieve resolution: Laura is committed to facilitating a solution and will host 1 (one) additional mediation session of 1/2 the length of the first * for a single administrative fee of $169 ** (split evenly between the parties.)
* This is available for only one additional session after the initial hosted session. The same stipulations apply regarding scheduling, payment, cancellation, etc. Please ask any questions regarding this.
* * i.e. If the initial session was a half day, the second session would be for 2 hours for $169. If the initial session was a full day, the second session would be for a half day for $169.
We do not charge for a cancelled mediation as long as we are advised of cancellation no later than 2 business days prior to the day of mediation. If your mediation is NOT cancelled within 2 business days of a scheduled and confirmed mediation session, we will bill you for the full cost of the session you reserved.
*** These are the current/updated rates and policies for 2022. Please contact us with any questions.