There are several qualities you should look for when determining a Mediator.
- Excellent Listening Skills
- Professional credibility
- Confident in dealing with your type of mediation. (Family, Business, etc.)
- Ability to diffuse emotionally charged situations
- Creative and Innovative thinking
- Objective and ready to seek solutions
- Non-judgement of your emotional connection to the issues at hand
- Provides a safe environment where you can be heard and understood
- Foster communication and dialogue
What qualities should I look for in a Mediator?