October 9, 2020
Architecture firm Margulies Perruzzi surveyed hundreds of industry experts this past springtime to gain an understanding of the effect that COVID-19 had on the workplace environment. Undisputed of exactly how thoroughly lessees intend to utilize their spaces post-pandemic, the outcomes of the survey make it clear that proprietors will have their work reduced out for them.
A record Margulies Perruzzi has provided recognizes some of the essential obstacles property owners will certainly deal with as tenants return. They include: abiding with social distancing alike locations; enhancing security/safety procedures; raising COOLING AND HEATING efficiency as well as outside air intake; offering hands-free choices; decrease in public transport usage; as well as reduction of on-site staff members by renter.
Minimizing tenancy doesn’t necessarily mean minimizing square footage, yet it can involve a requirement to reconfigure the design to suit a demand for even more square footage per seat. Pre-pandemic, that number was usually 125 square feet; post-pandemic, it will be upwards of 200 square feet, according to the survey.
Better, the report states, “as occupants assume about returning to the office or trying to find brand-new room, you must be prepared to answer numerous new concerns.” They may consist of the following:
– What A/C upgrades have been done to the building?
– Do you have any kind of structure entry testing treatments in position?
– What innovation upgrades have been made to enable us to check the COOLING AND HEATING, tenancy and safety and security of our room?
– Just how is food solution or food distribution being dealt with to the structure?
– With mass transit not in complete usage, exactly how much auto parking is available for my associates?
– Just how are high-touch surfaces being dealt with?
– Is there much more fresh air in the building today?
– What level of LEED/WELL Building requirements do you have in location in your structure?
– Exactly how will you manage the gym?
– Do you have any type of grab-n-go food solution amenities?
– Exists outside area for consuming?
– Just how are washrooms being taken care of? Are there unisex bathrooms for our personnel to utilize?
– Exactly how are elevator controls being used? Are they programmed to fit our needs? Are there devoted elevators for our business?
– What are the procedures concerning site visitors? Do you have a shared seminar space near the main entrance hall that we could utilize?
– Are security/entrance fobs touch-free?
– Has the door hardware in the lobby been upgraded to be touch-free?
For comments, inquiries or worries, please call Paul Bubny